Thread: 2018 Season Plans

Default 2018 Season Plans

In addition to the SSS races, which events are shorthanded skippers planning to enter in 2018? If we can reach a consensus, we could put together a large enough division in some of the non-SSS races to make them competitive (and more fun).

Ragtime! is taking a break from OYRA this season. We raced it four out of the last five years and the races are all the same as last year. Also, if I race SSS double-handed again, there's a long four-month gap between R-T-R and Drake's Bay.

I'm looking at OYC's Rites of Spring on 3/17, RYC's own Intraclub races (members only), SFYC's Moonlight Marathon on 7/21 and maybe a couple of the YRA weekend regattas. How about you?

I'll do Rites of Spring on March 13. Since I just bought a nifty little butane heater for my cabin, I'm also planning to anchor out somewhere for the Blue Moon on January 31. It's a Wednesday night. Back up to the Delta when it warms up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll have to get back to you on this because this year is going to be a bit nuts. I have about four, 8-day botanical surveys in SoCal scheduled between Feb and June that are going to mess up much of the sailing season. Whatever races you all do come up with, let me know and I'll post them on the SSS calendar (http://sfbaysss.org/main/racing/). I already posted as many of the single/doublehand ones I could find from the YRA calendar. Take a look!

rites of spring n moon madness