Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gearing up * photo du jour

Just after the skippers meeting.

Name:  IMG_1718.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  380.1 KB

Getting ready to cast off!!
    Finishing those last minute preparations.

Name:  IMG_1742.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  440.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1729.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  443.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1725.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  411.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1722.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  459.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    I tried to post a photo, Jackie, but I'm just not very techy. It downloaded sideways and then wouldn't display so I just had to bail on it. Hope this isn't a requirement for getting to the starting line.

Bill
    s/v Dolfin
    “Euphoria at the finish line, even though it took yet another squall to blow me across.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is more of a Gearing Down, so that I may find my way to the starting line in, say, 2022. Packing books for storage prior to moving aboard. Clearly a cruiser's library, with some singlehanding and SSS books and at least one copy of "Sail Trim". Many are from the great annual SF public library sale at Fort Mason.
    Of note is "Party of One", which a former non-sailing co-worker and fellow introvert gave to me before I took off for an east coast + Bahamas cruise years ago (singlehanded, as if it needs to be said). Good reading for the SHTP'er having doubts 1000nm from land.
    Last edited by Lanikai; 03-12-2018 at 12:33 AM.

With a huge dollop of Michael Jefferson (Mouton Noir) assistance and know-how, I just got the SSB and MMPT controller installed. Still a work in progress with trim to be reinstalled. That window above all the electronics and my battery bank is kinda freaking me out now. Solar panel going up later this week.

Name:  SSB and MMPT controller_3-12-18.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  3.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    With a huge dollop of Michael Jefferson (Mouton Noir) assistance and know-how, I just got the SSB and MMPT controller installed. Still a work in progress with trim to be reinstalled. That window above all the electronics and my battery bank is kinda freaking me out now. Solar panel going up later this week. Name:  SSB and MMPT controller_3-12-18.jpg
Views: 698
    BEEEOOOOTIFUL!!!! coming Saturday?

Photo by Jay Bietz. Must be a professional and friend, because that's an awesome shot at the start of the 2016 race.

And while they wait for you, your loved ones can go on a muddy hike. This is Kauai mud that never washes out of your favorite pink tshirt. Be prepared!

Crinan II w Don Martin at the helm. "Oh hell! There's a Wylie in my Fleet?!!" (anonymous but very very real quote)

Here's my SSB, solar MPPT controller, arch and solar panels. Working on the E-Rud next. I think that's the last of the biggies. I've even turned down work for June, which I can ill afford right now. It's really soon, isn't it? The next few months are going to fly by!

Name:  SSB and MMPT controller_3-12-18.jpg
Views: 549

Name:  Arch and solar panel_3Mar18.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  1.76 MB