Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the World from West coast?

We're trying to put a little logo together as well. Any preference between the 4 below? On a side note it looks like this thread is not getting much response anymore. Maybe I've worn you all out ...

Name:  Logos.png
Views: 516
Size:  93.7 KB

It's sailing season again, that's all. People are cleaning up their boats. If you hadn't sold your boat, you'd be doing the same thing :-)

I like B.
    Last edited by Philpott; 04-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Cree and Jim have already used the SF2SF.
    http://www.berkeleymarine.com/sf2sf-race

And I've started a GoFundMe campaign.
    I know it won't be a popular thing to say with everyone but I know many others are on the same page. Corporate sponsorship is one thing to go after but it gets awkward for me at this point as I'm not a big fan of asking others people to pay for their sailing adventures. Asking for help, advice and information is one thing but I don't want to see the SSS forum / meetings (although it's been done.... even by non-SSS members) be a place to pitch for funds.
    Last edited by solosailor; 04-22-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    I know it won't be a popular thing to say with everyone but I know many others are on the same page. Corporate sponsorship is one thing to go after but it gets awkward for me at this point as I'm not a big fan of asking others people to pay for their sailing adventures. Asking for help, advice and information is one thing but I don't want to see the SSS forum / meetings (although it's been done.... even by non-SSS members) be a place to pitch for funds.
    To be fair, I've not asked anyone to do anything but check out the little website I put together. I only provided an update on progress, which included the GFM campaign. For the most part I stood up the GFM campaign at my wife's request.

The website is not getting much traffic and only one person subscribed to the blog; it's obvious this is not getting very far in terms of socializing ...

I will say that in a sense now is the most interesting part of this project; will it take off? It's like watching a seed that fell down; will it sprout?

I hope I didn't come across to harsh. Still interested in your progress on the project just very protective of the primarily corinthian legacy of the SSS.

All right, try again ... Preferences?

Name:  thumbnail.png
Views: 566
Size:  118.3 KB

D,A,B,C
    In order of preference.
    Yes, I am keeping an eye on your progress.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

Pretty much agree with Greg. I like D the best and C the least.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

fWIW, Target and Taco Bell are hiring.