Thread: 2002 Singlehanded Transpac Video - finally on YouTube

Default 2002 Singlehanded Transpac Video - finally on YouTube

I've had this on VHS tape sitting in my study for 20 years. Seeing as I'm now retired and re-vamping the layout of that room, it was high time to finally digitize the stuff I have stored so I can lose the flippin VHS tapes!. OK, here it is, up on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g56ILyE_X9s

That's the 2002 SHTP fleet, just eight boats that year: Lou Freeman, Jim Kellam, Mark Deppe, Tony Carr, Jim Tallet, Steve Wilson, Eric Schwartz and John Guzzwell.

I actually have footage from another years gathering at the Corinthian, but I swiped a commercial sound track to use for the video and Youtube will surely not let me post it. I'll work on it - promise.

If anybody wants the digital file, I can get it to you, but it's pretty big even though its just a 720p movie. Lots of people that I remember so well from my early days with the SSS make cameos in that movie.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Alan, Since no one else has commented here goes. Thanks for the reminder. Lots of old names and faces and boats. I enjoyed the interviews and the views. Pat Broderick

Quote Originally Posted by Wylieguy View Post
    Alan, Since no one else has commented here goes. Thanks for the reminder. Lots of old names and faces and boats. I enjoyed the interviews and the views. Pat Broderick
    Thanks, Pat. It's always a little weird to post something here and have it get no reaction, whatsoever. It makes me think that other people can't see the post, but then there are XYZ number of views, so... Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"