Results 1 to 10 of 418

Thread: Around the World from West coast?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    SF Bay


    Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    CA requires that I register the boat within 120 days.
    On this point you need to do further research. CA does not require DMV licensing just because you are a CA resident. The state licensing requirements in the US vary by state. Unlike some state, CA does not require DMV licensing for documented vessels. I understand you can’t do USCG Documentation, but could you document the boat in Belgium, or another EU country? Then all you would need is a Cruising License.

    The situation with Double Espresso was very different. Assuming DE was CA DMV licensed, you merely transferred ownership under the CA DMV. Then you went sailing and never left the US. Technically, you only traveled from one US port to another.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 01-16-2020 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Changed “Permit to Proceed” to Cruising License.
    Tom P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts