Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the World from West coast?

I think I'm setting my mind on 40 foot. If you have a newer generation Class 40 sitting in your backyard ... send it my way and I'll put it to good use :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    I think I'm setting my mind on 40 foot. If you have a newer generation Class 40 sitting in your backyard ... send it my way and I'll put it to good use :-)
    You are truly nuts. Sigh. Okay, I’ll see what I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    As for me, I plan to shoot for the first person to sail the entire SHTP wearing mismatched socks record. The rules are you must wear socks and they must not match, they may be wet or dry. A low res picture of the mismatched socks fitted on the skippers feet must be transmitted to the race committee after each weather download without exception.

This record will be known as the MSR. I assume a suitable trophy will be established in due course.
    Mike C,
    Do you have pictures to share so we can ratify this?

Finished Lundy's Godforsaken Sea ... I found more insights in Rich's book. On to Michel Desjoyeaux' book ...

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Mike C,
    Do you have pictures to share so we can ratify this?
    Sadly I was unable to complete the mismatched socks record. I was so busy texting nonsense updates during the race I forgot about the socks. I did, however, bring my disco light, but I finshed during daytime this race so was unable to project an appropriate disco atmosphere. Maybe next time....No Mike, there will be no next time, no, no no.

If you have a newer generation Class 40 sitting in your backyard ... send it my way and I'll put it to good use :-)
    Nothing nuts about a Class 40 circumnavigating..... they even had a race at one time. There are a few "newer" generation Class 40s on Yachtworld...... $300k++. You can get an older RC1 or Pogo for $100-150k. I'd prefer to not see people pitching for free boats on the forum but that just me.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Sadly I was unable to complete the mismatched socks record. I was so busy texting nonsense updates during the race I forgot about the socks. I did, however, bring my disco light, but I finshed during daytime this race so was unable to project an appropriate disco atmosphere. Maybe next time....No Mike, there will be no next time, no, no no.
    I can't believe you forgot to turn it on as you motored into Horseshoe Cove! And I was so in the mood for Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive!

"Uh-uh-uh-uh, stayin' alive, stayin' alive."

(This forum needs a Like button.)

Here's a free Class 40, if it could be found. Might be a bit waterlogged if still afloat..Last seen in vicinity of Malaysian Air 370 disappearance in Indian Ocean.

Name:  sunderland.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  3.25 MB

Name:  sunderland2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  8.7 KB
    Last edited by sleddog; 08-14-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Here's a free Class 40, if it could be found. Might be a bit waterlogged if still afloat..Last seen in vicinity of Malaysian Air 370 disappearance in Indian Ocean.
    There ya go, Philippe! Who says nobody reads your posts? Skip once told me that he didn't know whether anyone read his posts. He just likes writing.
    (Thank goodness he does! Otherwise I'd be doing even more stupid things.)
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-14-2018 at 11:15 AM.