Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the World from West coast?

It’s hard for me to understand where you are coming from. You are saying that this won’t happen unless someone else pays for it.. ?

Since PJ said his wife wanted him to start the Go Fund Me page, I assume she doesn't want his round-the-world adventure to be funded solely from the family budget. It would be the same at my house.
    Not all of us have spouses who are as thrilled about solo sailing as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonian View Post
    fWIW, Target and Taco Bell are hiring.
    As in, trying to get your network to help fund personal ventures doesn't work and instead I should take a second job? Is this Dave King of Saraband? I see that you tried your own GoFundMe campaign, so this is first hand advice. Appreciate the input. That is how I feel about this too. But the wife wants to give it a try.
    https://www.gofundme.com/pgzbwebg

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    It’s hard for me to understand where you are coming from. You are saying that this won’t happen unless someone else pays for it.. ?
    I think I explain this on the GFM campaign page ... I can do this now in any small blue water boat. I'm trying to tie up a budget for an older Class 40.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Since PJ said his wife wanted him to start the Go Fund Me page, I assume she doesn't want his round-the-world adventure to be funded solely from the family budget. It would be the same at my house.
    Very close :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    As in, trying to get your network to help fund personal ventures doesn't work and instead I should take a second job? Is this Dave King of Saraband? I see that you tried your own GoFundMe campaign, so this is first hand advice. Appreciate the input. That is how I feel about this too. But the wife wants to give it a try.
    https://www.gofundme.com/pgzbwebg
    For what it’s worth, neither Dave nor his family started that gofundme. It was done by a well intentioned friend (not me) and embarrassed Dave a bit. After the race, he mentioned to me that he felt like he should give the money back.. but I convinced him that it wasn’t what people wanted.
    Anyway, as someone who has donated to these type of things... I see that the Alex guy just got off the boat and now it’s for sale. It all seems a bit contrived.

I didn't know it was possible to delete posts ... Good to know.

That kind of says it all doesn’t it? Now the posts here are moderated. Too bad.

They always have been, but deletions are rarely necessary because our regular posters don't resort to personal attacks.

I suggest you try Sailing Anarchy. They're into that sort of thing.

Are you the moderator, Bobj?