Thread: Boom tent - free

Default Boom tent - free

It's a PNW thing, I guess. You reach your anchorage. The rain is pouring down. You want to sip your rum, but you want to enjoy the scenery too. So you rig this thing up and there you are: sitting on a wet cockpit seat watching the bald eagles and trees and orcas and such, while Capt. Morgan does his best to warm you up.

This tent was built for a 12 foot boom. It's actually a clever design, with a collar that goes around the mast and a forward portion that slopes down to the deck over the forward hatch. It came on Iniscaw; I've deployed it out of curiosity but never used it.

Blue rubberized canvas. I took it to Blue Pelican, but they weren't interested. It's going in the trash Monday unless someone wants it.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Blue rubberized canvas. I took it to Blue Pelican, but they weren't interested. It's going in the trash Monday unless someone wants it. Max
    Seems perfect for the Delta this summer! I'd like to try it on Dura Mater with her ten foot boom. D'you think it'll work?

You would have to fold back the aft end, but I bet you could get it to work.

Okay. If it doesn't work I'll give it to Christine and Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Okay. If it doesn't work I'll give it to Christine and Jonathan.
    You could put a stick on the end of the boom to make it fit. Shade all the way back to the boarding (swim) ladder.

Jackie - check your private messages? I need to shift this thing asap.
    Max