Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fees

Default Fees

I'm headed overseas for a few weeks starting on the 13th. Will Jibeset be accepting the final race fee by then? I will probably be able to get at Wifi from time but will be in the wilds of Tasmania for much of the trip so who knows. Will I be fined, disqualified or otherwise abused if I don't pay by whatever date is established for a payment deadline? I will be back on the 1st of April.

Mike,

I think you have to "edit registration" then go down to Part 2 and click on "final payment" to select the $750 registration fee.

Bill
    S/v Dolfin

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Mike,

I think you have to "edit registration" then go down to Part 2 and click on "final payment" to select the $750 registration fee.

Bill
    S/v Dolfin
    thanks Bill, that worked.

Mie

Thanks. I was wondering how this worked. I clicked on the "pay fees" on March 10 and it said "all fees are paid." I was wondering if I might have had a secret benefactor....sigh.

Over the past weekend Don Martin asked, "A luncheon? what luncheon?" Which made me realize that this question hasn't yet been asked:

What do I get for my entry fee?

Answer: By signing up for the Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race, racers get all kinds of benefits, such as ‘swag bags’ full of goodies, an aloha luncheon at the Corinthian Yacht Club and dinner at the Nawiliwili Yacht Club in Kauai. You will receive a cool sailing jacket with your boat’s name on it. You will receive a race program with photographs and biographies of fellow race participants, and achieve fame and fortune. Well, maybe not that last part, but you will most assuredly feel proud of yourself. You will have the privilege of spending an enormous amount of money preparing your boat and during your time alone on the ocean your loved ones will worry themselves sick about you until you fall, sleep deprived, into their arms on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

And here's a photograph of Joe Balderrama aboard the lovely Archimedes at the start of the 2014 Race
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, I still can't figure out how to pay the rest of the fees. I went to edit registration, but it says the $150 I've already paid is all there is. It says:

"Final Payment - must be paid by Mar 1, 2018
    Final Payments can be paid at any time before the due date. You may choose the pay them during registration by
    selecting the payment you wish/need to make. You may return at a later date and selecting the payment you wish / need
    to pay. See the NOR for additional fee details.
    Final Payment: Pay later $0.00"

So what's up with this?? Perhaps I need some hand holding....
    Last edited by Gamayun; 03-24-2018 at 10:43 PM.

On the update registration page where you found "final payment" there is an arrow for a pull down menu and a box to select. Continue from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Over the past weekend Don Martin asked, "A luncheon? what luncheon?" Which made me realize that this question hasn't yet been asked:

What do I get for my entry fee?

Answer: By signing up for the Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race, racers get all kinds of benefits, such as . . . .
    Is a web-based tracking page for friends and family to follow another goodie we get for our fees? While I'm pretty sure the last few races have had such a tracking page, I haven't seen anything about that for this year. I know we all will be carrying trackers, but will RC have that telemetry translated onto a web-viewable map for all to see?
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Hi Lee -
    yes, we will have a public facing tracking page that will post the tracking and check in data. Fear not!

DH

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    the last few races have had such a tracking page
    Here and there in the resources page there's talk of looking at the tracks of winning boats. How do I do that? And would it show weather too?