Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad news good news

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post

Just before the race the real Jacqueline and I are going to Europe to visit my Son and other relatives. We leave on 28 May and come back on 19 June. I figure the jet lag will put me in good time zone shape for an all nigher through the Farallons.
    You do like to live dangerously, Mike.

Geez Mike. Gotta like your style. Return from a short hop to Australia, a little keel drama in the boatyard, fly over to Europe on vacation while the rest of us are stressing, then do the Singlehanded Transpac in your sleep. No worries.....just switch on those disco lights.

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Geez Mike. Gotta like your style. Return from a short hop to Australia, a little keel drama in the boatyard, fly over to Europe on vacation while the rest of us are stressing, then do the Singlehanded Transpac in your sleep. No worries.....just switch on those disco lights.
    Ha, ha, gotta love that retired life. Maybe lovin it a little too much huh? With the restocked liquor cabinet, my case of Negra Modelo and my cool cabin lights, I probably should get some special consideration re my downwind rating.

BTW, I have my disco lights listed on my electrical budget. Very low draw, depending on the amount of dancing I do.
    Last edited by mike cunningham; 04-18-2018 at 01:36 PM.

sweet!

Name:  jax keel.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  192.1 KB

Here is a pic of the old Syntron shaft seal. I wanted to take it apart to see what the guts looked like. Glad I replaced it before the race.

Name:  syntron guts.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  197.3 KB

Name:  syntron body.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  388.5 KB