Thread: MOB, MOM, Dan, Jon, Baba-buoy

Default MOB, MOM, Dan, Jon, Baba-buoy

The MERS state:

A boat shall have a man overboard pole and flag, with a lifebuoy, a self-igniting light, a
    whistle, and a drogue attached. A self-inflating Man Overboard Module, Dan Buoy or similar
    device will satisfy this requirement. Self-inflating apparatus shall be tested and serviced in
    accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. These items shall be stored on deck, ready
    for immediate use, and affixed in a manner that allows for a "quick release".
    I bought a standard MOB at a cut-rate rate from a former SSSer some time ago, but there are still all the other bits I've yet to set up that must accompany it.
    Defender has the "Dan Buoy" (the inflatable kind) on sale at the moment, so I'm tempted to just go that route.
    But I see after some searching that there is the inflatable Dan Buoy, the Jon Buoy, the non-inflatable Dan Buoy (just a MOB, as far as I can tell), the MOM, the ones with an inflatable life ring attached, the ones without, the telescoping ones...it's all a bit confusing.

Just checking: if I buy this thing, I'm NCORC compliant, right?

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp...artId=14637783
    Last edited by Lanikai; 05-01-2018 at 05:36 PM.

yes, that will satisfy the requirement.

DH

Perfect, thanks DH!