Thread: Late Entry To SHTP

Default Late Entry To SHTP

After some uncertainty, I am now officially gunning to make the start of the 2018 SHTP on my Capo 30 JouJou (huzzah!). I am a bit behind, so looking for advice from the SSS community on a few critical items:

1) Did qualifier, pending approval

2) E-rudder completed, pending approval

3) Recently pulled the trigger on some big some big ticket items: Iridium GO, solar panel hardware (installing in next 2 weeks)

3) Reserved a liferaft with Sal's and rented a sat phone for ditch bag

5) Working through long checklist including: upgrading running rigging, deciding on navigation/weather software and computer, assembling sail repair kit and medical kit, provisioning, etc. (all on me)

6) Specific items I could use help with: trailer (critical gating item right now), storm jib (anyone willing to rent for race?), drogue (anyone willing to rent for race?), anything critical that I am overlooking/forgetting???

I am also trying to figure out the logistics once I (hopefully) arrive in HI: lodging, car rental (or not), boat transit for the haul-out, awards ceremony, flight home, etc.

All input/advice is welcome. Thanks!

Tom -
    I can help with the trailer, storm jib and drogue.
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Tom -
    I can help with the trailer, storm jib and drogue.
    DH
    This is why I love the SSS. So awesome that you'll be on the start line, Tom! Good luck with the prep. Do let us know if you need to vent as you get through it all. It is a daunting task to get everything ready.