Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muddy Water

Quote Originally Posted by FUGU-W30 View Post
    Preparing for the SHTP is all consuming, i have felt short of time for more than a year! Friday morning felt no different as the Napa Valley Marina folks reminded me they need the higher end of the tidal range to haul out, so my cut-off time was around 3:30 PM, it was 8 am. So we piled into my car and headed to RYC. Why Jackie and Bob asked to come on this delivery, I don't know, but I guess any time of the water is better than a day of work! My memory said the gas tank was fairly full, but in my haste I neglected to check. The results of that failure to give the can a shake have been documented above.
    After the petrol ran out and the wind was moving us forward, but at pace not in keeping with modern schedules, we speculated on Alma and her sister-ships making their way up the same water, as hay fields still exist on the other side of the muddy banks we were looking at all day. They must have had more patience in those days, but they didn't have a June 23rd start to make, so they could afford the patience!!
    No weight Nazi here, just a sailor in a rush. Besides, Fugu brought a french press to Drakes Bay a couple of years ago, that's luxury on a W30!!
    Ah, please accept my apologies, Chris, about judging those who don't keep a full tank. It was in jest, I hope you know. Actually, I almost did the same thing recently though I would have put down a substantial wager there was at least a half tank of diesel left. It was good Jackie and Bob were there to lend a hand and we can enjoy ribbing you about it. I wish you all the best on getting everything done!!!!

[QUOTE=BobJ
    Intermission, please lay off the "weight nazi" thing - it's a very poor choice of terms and that other thread was about optimizing for racing, not deliveries. I'm sure Chris feels bad enough about it.
    .[/QUOTE]

You're right Bob.
    It was a poor choice of terms. Starting to show my age...
    Would "weight fanatics", "weight zealots" or "weight phobics" be any better?
    I did use the term in jest; but I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended.
    I do know a few weight nazis, and love them dearly, but it is just not my thing.
    Now having said that, the last 2 club races I participated in, had me leaving spare fuel, batteries, dinghy and anchors on the dock for the afternoon.
    I stopped before doors, cushions and gimbled ovens though.

Besides, Fugu brought a french press to Drakes Bay a couple of years ago, that's luxury on a W30!!
    OH. Ha, ha. This just reminded me of a funny story about last year's Drake's Bay race...

No offense taken, I do deserve a ribbing and know that it is all in good fun!!

What story did the French Press remind you of?????

What story did the French Press remind you of?????
    You need water for that French Press....