Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sailors arriving

Sweet and well done!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Thanks, everyone. And especially, you, Skip. It was very gracious of you to call Wednesday morning. Much appreciated.

Lest anyone missed it, I did not attempt this singlehanded. I was very ably assisted by Bob Michels, a good friend and fellow member of Silver Gate Yacht Club. Bob has served as paid crew on numerous off-shore deliveries between SD and Cabo/Mexican Riviera, and enthusiastically volunteered his help for this delivery. I would not have been able to do this in the conditions we had without his help.

I'll write up a play-by-play in the next several days, but the essentials are: no one was injured, nothing broke, and the crew remain friends.
    Whooohooo, welcome Lee! Crew or no crew, that's a rough trip and it must have been chilly, too. Glad all is well. I heard at the Farallones awards meeting that the kids are all set to track the racers. I guess they didn't need any help from us, so that'll be fun to meet them when we get there. As re hou sticking around for a while? Let me know when you're ready to grab a beer and toast your passage.

Carliane

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Let me know when you're ready to grab a beer and toast your passage.

Carliane
    Thanks! Working on the boat like mad today; getting stuff over to Dave's shop tomorrow for the crate. I think by 1800 or so tomorrow I'll mosey on over the Oakland Yacht Club for an adult beverage of some sort. Please join me there if you can. And same invitation to the group at large. Please join us if you're in the area.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Morning Star, at Marina Village, Alameda. Tugging at her dock lines, saying "Come on! Add some food, and let's go!"

Name:  M-star in Alameda.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  2.83 MB

AZ Sailor, at Gate 21, OAK, heading back to serve another two weeks' time in Phoenix.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32