Thread: I am declaring victory in the readiness battle

Default I am declaring victory in the readiness battle

Jacqueline is as ready as she is going to get. I pretty much started prepping for 2018 as soon as Jacqueline got home from the 2016 race. I was not sure I would do the SHTP again but the idea of doing a little better in the race just grabs hold and won't let go. in Sept. 2016 I started doing fixes and repairs. Before long I realized "hell, I might as well do the SHTP again with all this work I am doing" and that was that. I had to be ready a little early cause the Real Jacqueline and I are going to visit our Son overseas for the next couple weeks.

The Farallons race was a fantastic warm up, it was a tonic after dropping out of the 17 LongPac when I just lost my mojo once I was out about 30 miles. It started with a shaft seal leak with water all over the place and I said "Oh hell no, I am not spending four days in a wet cold boat, been there done that".

But now, with Hawaii in the offing, oh yea. It'll get cold, it'll get wet, then it'll get warm, I'll go faster I hope and then Hanalei. I can't wait. Look forward to seeing everyone at the Corinthian.

Congratulations!

Way to go, Mike! My inspection is scheduled for tomortoe (Tuesday) evening and I hope it validates everything done on Kynntana over the past 4 years to get her ready, too. See you at the Corinthian

Excellent Mike!!

I scratched a few more items from my list this weekend.
    Loaded some supplies.
    Felt really good.

Grrr. I'm stuck at the dock with a hatch frame not delivered back from the painter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smokester View Post
    Grrr. I'm stuck at the dock with a hatch frame not delivered back from the painter.
    I feel your pain. I did all 8 of my fixed and opening ports since last race. Took about nine months all told. Never wanted to have more than one out a time.

Fortunately for me I got started more than a year ago. That's what I like about being retired!! Time...