Thread: Pre-start scrub

Default Pre-start scrub

I have a vague recollection of seeing something in the not too distant past about a diver being available for a prestart scrub. But can't seem to locate anything in this area here or in the emails from the RC over the past months. Am I hallucinating already? I tried calling FastBottoms last week but no reply to my messages. I may just have to sail dirty (the boat's been in the water for 10 days now). If anybody has any info in this area I'm all ears.

JohnS

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

I'm trying to remember. I don't think it was Fastbottoms who did the last minute work at the Corinthian YC, as he is based in Alameda, and usually works from a Zodiac. But he is a good person to talk to , for a reference if he can't do it myself. He did my boat for 7 years and always did a great job.

Try calling DAVE’S DIVING SERVICE (415) 331-3612
    Dave Gissendaner is out of Sausalito and has divers he works with that may be available on relatively short notice.

Best to all!

Thanks Dazzler. I'll give Dave's a call.

Not sure if Lowell does North bay but he's a racer and a good diver.

Can't help with a diver recommendation. I had to do my own in very murky water. I was using a brush and a small sucker thing to help me hold myself in position. At some point I lost track of the sucker thing. I think (hope) it fell off when i came up for air. If someone happens ro see a small red thingamabob hanging off my hull on the way out the gate, please send me a text. Do not take any pictures or send any snarky emojis, I feel dumb enough as it is.