Thread: SHTP Start

Default SHTP Start

Ahoy! Sorry and disappointed that Tortuga won't be sailing in the race this year but I plan on being at the start on Saturday and sail out with the fleet.
    Also, for you out of town racers, happy to drive over on Thursday or Friday and help with supply ride to get provisions or west marine runs etc.

Cheers,
    Randy
    W32 Tortuga
    ~~~_/) ~~~

Awesome, Randy. I might need a quick West Marine run on Friday.

I'm also available to schlepp stuff on Friday afternoon, if anybody responds to this. I can be up at the CYC around 11:00. I have a small pickup. It only seats me and one other adult and maybe two kids crammed in sideways in the back, but I can load junk in the bed of the truck.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

What time are the starts tomorrow? I would love to come out and see the fleet off.

Quote Originally Posted by CRodg View Post
    What time are the starts tomorrow? I would love to come out and see the fleet off.
    Hi- first warning has been moved back an hour to 10:55 am.

Everyone seemed very relaxed this afternoon. Several skippers were off buying that last case of Pop-Tarts but I was able to chat with some of the others. Besides those pictured, I had brief chats with David Clark and Chris Case. I asked Mike Cunningham about his toilet plunger but he wasn't sure what I was talking about. I get that a lot.Name:  Bill Meanley.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  884.5 KBName:  Carliane.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  723.8 KBName:  Cliff Shaw.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  2.34 MBName:  Greg Ashby.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  802.4 KBName:  John Colby.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  908.5 KB

Name:  John Woodworth.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  730.1 KBName:  Mike Jefferson.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  1.66 MBName:  Tom Boussie.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  689.1 KBName:  RC.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  869.8 KB

Woohoo! I just have to put a big word out for those SSSers who literally carried me to the start line (ahem, that would totally be Michael Jefferson, the curmudgeon -- his word) of our little band of merry seafarerers, including Margie Woods (who loaned me her life raft and drove up here from Marina del Ray because she "wouldn't miss this for the world"), Bob Johnston (who ran to West Marine and his boat locker to get flares and who has offered a million other bits of helpful support over the years), Gary Burton (whose calm presence and helpful words kept me from throwing the SSB through the window last night), Brian Boschma (who doesn't seem to mind late night messages that start with, "OMG, I might have broken the tracker!), David Herigel (who I leaned on for rides and package pick-ups these past couple of days and who might get a rebuilt tracker though he doesn't know this yet....), Mike Cunnimgham on Jacqueline the other Freedom in the race (who posted so much more faithfully to the Freedom Forum than I about our never-ending boat projects), to Jackie Philpott (who is always, always there and inspiring me. She gets cool swag, too!), Mike K (who crewed with me a couple weeks ago so I could find our whether I could actually work my Monitor or not), and Dave Morris (who has always been there with words and deeds whenever I was particularly panicking about something from the first day I bought Kynntana). There were others as well as non-SSS friends who I am forever indebted to for their time and support. This is an amazing community!!! I don't understand why everyone isn't a singlehanded sailor Well, the alarm has just gone off and the time has come to get ready to go do the easy part!!!!

Aloha,

Carliane and Kynntana