Thread: Spadefoot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spadefoot

Most of you are probably familiar with spadefoot the carbon fiber Schumacher 28. The keel was redone by Jim Betts and I bought her hoping I would be able to lift the keel to get In to my mooring on a regular basis. While this is possible it's a pain in the ass. I have also had the rudder gudgeons reinforced with 4 layers of cf.....there is tons of gear. 3 aps, some 2017 spins ...newish Main and jib...2 extra mains a jib top, ais, etc etc ....email me about all the gear....The traileris good. It's a bit of a transpac weapon in right hands. 35k. She's in RI now but being limited to top half of tide not gonna work longer term.

ok - i may end up sailing it next season but who knows....want to talk about a partial trade for one of the 2 figaro 2's in SF?

lets talk - price can be 35k delivered left coast... of course i will have to pay storage soon so don't be shy. I'd like to see more pics of the new ragtime too....

hasta

Please post contact info or connect with me by private message. Thank you.

Been out of country for Abit replied to variouspms today ..still for sale at this point .

Cool boat. I was not familiar with Spadefoot. The design looks like an Alerion. And I'm guessing she's got some stories to tell about her wandering days. Is this the same boat: http://www.svshearwater.com/?p=1941

Spadefoot has a lifetime of stories to tell. She's a Schumacher design but is more like an Antrim 27 than an Alerion (light displacement, lifting keel, etc.)

Isn't Thumper Todd Olsen? Todd, did you buy this boat?