Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

You could get the outer edge, tape bound, if you like that piece, or Home Depot has some matching throw and runner combinations that are fairly inexpensive.
    In the previous boat I taped some non-skid stuff to the underside of a throw at the foot of the ladder, which coincidentally, is where a lot of dirt, lint and crumbs end up.

Very nice Jackie!
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    ...installed by the same electrician-magician who added what his sweetheart referred to as "bespoke electronics" to your boat
    "Bespoke" because it was perhaps the only electrical system that was designed around improving the boat's in-the-water trim.

DM's new battery monitor and compass look simply divine! But wait. To quote Inspector Clouseau, "Somesing's feeshee!" Does the monitor always read 12.9 volts?
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-16-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    DM's new battery monitor and compass look simply divine! But wait. To quote Inspector Clouseau, "Somesing's feeshee!" Does the monitor always read 12.9 volts?
    You're just jealous. Rob says my batteries are in excellent shape. Rob says my boat is a wonderful boat. You're just envious of my high end comforts. He said he could re-do my electrical system to rival that on Surprise!, but when I blanched he backtracked. Rob said my boat is perfect just the way she is.

Name:  IMG_8064.JPG
Views: 757
Size:  394.9 KB

Indeed she is. And I am jealous of your voltage chart.

My curiosity was piqued because the voltage display on your USB receptacle doesn't look like a real voltage display. Do you have a pic of it showing something other than 12.9 volts?

Indeed she is. And I am jealous of your voltage chart. My curiosity was piqued because the voltage display on your USB receptacle doesn't look like a real voltage display. Do you have a pic of it showing something other than 12.9 volts?
    Thank you. Well, since my batteries are in such excellent condition I will have to wait until a morning after I have run the anchor light all night, read until midnight by the led in my vberth and re-charged all my little doohickey electrical devices (phone, laptop, chart plotter).

Did I mention that my batteries are in excellent condition? Only after such extensive use will I be likely to see a change in the voltage display, and it is then that I will photograph and post it. Sigh. It is tedious fielding all these technical enquiries. I guess that is the way of it when one has ... a perfect boat.

BTW, the voltage display is here: https://www.amazon.com/426517-1-Doub.../dp/B07CZ5MX2N

( ".... doesn't look like a real voltage display..." honestly)

If you weren't Up-the-Delta somewhere on your perfect boat, you would know that we have a new resident on E-dock. (Yes, I'm changing the subject.)

None other than Dazzler (the second, but without the "II"), and she's just across the dock from Surprise! I've already borrowed a bucket from Tom (I returned it) and he came aboard to show me that no, I didn't need to delaminate the forward floorboards to get them out. Welcome to the E-dock e-regulars, Tom and Dazzler!

Welcome to the E-dock e-regulars, Tom and Dazzler!
    Well, that is wonderful! Welcome, Tom! Now we just have to get Hedgehog to move over and everything will be just perfect. Like my boat.

After botching up one piece and seeing bad wood and delam in a couple others, today I turned the project over to a pro.
    This is what I'm talking about. They're going to try to save this big piece - we'll see how it fits on Friday and then they'll apply the new coatings. The ugly piece by the galley was in better shape and the finish is restoring well.

Name:  Bad Wood.jpeg
Views: 707
Size:  980.3 KBName:  Repair.jpeg
Views: 760
Size:  712.4 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-20-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Anchored bow and stern (thank you, Rob) @ 38 13560, 121 31659. One led anchor light, one iphone. Now I’ll stop photo bombing your thread, Bob

Name:  93B71180-F266-4877-B84D-26F92C8A6935.jpeg
Views: 822
Size:  26.9 KB

Name:  193DBCB5-C6DD-46DA-95F1-BD42BDD98E20.jpeg
Views: 777
Size:  23.8 KB