Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

Agreed. The carbon foam batteries can tolerate some abuse, but perhaps I should routinely combine the bank when I leave the boat.

I used the big autopilot and the electric winches a fair bit yesterday. It was interesting to see the current readings after I got back and played with the combiner switch. With the bank still separated, the meter was showing a plus 3A on the two forward batteries. (As the urologist said, "Good flow!") Then with the bank combined it read a minus .3A
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-27-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcn View Post
    I'm curious if the handwriting was intentional instead of a label printer, or just chance?
    Because this is what happens when a label printer meets Surprise!:

Name:  Stove.JPG
Views: 963
Size:  95.2 KBName:  Icebox.JPG
Views: 908
Size:  66.8 KBName:  Head.JPG
Views: 826
Size:  91.6 KB

I see that you're having fun!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I'm trying to create some fun - I'm kinda going nuts. I've even thought about clearing off the workbench and building a model boat or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I'm trying to create some fun - I'm kinda going nuts. I've even thought about clearing off the workbench and building a model boat or something.
    Well if you want to make two labels that say:

IMPORTANT!

Remove bolt before raising centerboard!

Otherwise I'll have to get out a sharpie and some white electrical tape!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Not a bad idea!

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 802
Size:  2.23 MB

To build an exquisite model, set your standards like Dan Newland when he made Pegasus in full scale as well as a model. Dan is highly talented, as the model shows.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 846
Size:  1.26 MB

Beautiful model! The full scale version is right in front of our club, looking flash. What's the boat in your drawings?

I remembered I need to build the teak boxes to cover the winch motors. I'm kind of jazzed about that project now that it's back in my mind.

Beautiful model! The full scale version is right in front of our club, looking flash. What's the boat in your drawings?

I remembered I need to build the teak boxes to cover the winch motors. I'm kind of jazzed about that project now that it's back in my mind.
    My model is a 19 inch version of the Lightning sailboat I brought to CA when I moved in 1977. Racing SBRA out of the RYC was fun. I learned to like coffee after drinking Irish coffees after a cold dinghy day on the water.

My lightning is a Dumas kit. Dan built his from plans. The RC kits are also fun if a pick a model that the local race.

Ants

I built a Soling 50/800 and raced it for a couple of seasons, many years ago. All the same whining from skippers with almost none of the exercise. I went back to the real thing. But some RYC skippers enjoy it as a needed diversion.

I think these are DF95s. The taller rig is a ODOM (One Meter One Design) From A dock last winter:

Name:  RC Race.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  149.5 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-10-2020 at 01:49 PM.