Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

I may try the SSS Farallones. Although somewhere back in my memory I recall I never really enjoyed going out there. And we will be in the Delta after the Ditch again but plan on making the rest of the SSS races (except the LongPac)

My Summer schedule looks like the past few years: OYRA, SSS, BAMA, IYC ocean races;SSS and a few other in-Bay races; and SYC Tues. Nite beer cans. No Delta; I've made my final trip back from over there!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    So I worked up my racing schedule for 2019. It looks a lot like 2018 and previous years, and got me to wondering what the rest of you are planning for this year. I know Philpott plans to go "up the Delta" again. I need to spend some time in the ocean on the new ride. What are others planning?
    Besides 2019 SSS and a few BAMA races my new Honu ride wants to try out the Delta. I can finely explore places Lightspeed could never imagine. I do need to start over on my NCORC gear before any ocean races as a lot went with Lightspeed.

I need to spend some time in the ocean on the new ride. What are others planning?
    I can recommend the transit from the Gate to SoCal as a shakedown for ocean crossing. Read somewhere recently that would make a great qualifier for the SHTP.

Dura Mater at least would join the flotilla to Catalina, and with some advance notice one or more members of the San Diego faction of the 2018 SHTP fleet would likely meet you there.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Me? All the in-the-bay SSS races for one more year. Vallejo, Westpoint Regatta..though I have another chance to play the Rhapsody in Blue clarinet solo on a summer concert that would conflict with the Westpoint Regatta, so we shall see. I've enjoyed the SSS cruise-ins, so will do those.

I'd really like to do the Plastic Classic in the Piper. Barring that, maybe the Franks Tract Regatta with the Andreas Cove YC in early August.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I unchecked the box and now it said I was sailing at 22 knots! Grrr.... Sails down, back to the measured mile in Pt. Potrero Reach and more speed runs. Now it's correct.
    All day yesterday it said I was sailing at 0.2 knots and the wind was coming from 180 degrees. All day. Houston, we have a problem...

Here are a couple photos from aboard the old windjammer. I think I need more line bags.

Name:  Sunday Aft.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  2.66 MBName:  Sunday Fwd.JPG
Views: 834
Size:  2.63 MB

I tried to get a pic of you as we passed, up by RYC, but it didn't take.
    Next time!

I know someone else got a photo and her film should be developed by now. I'm waiting with bated breath!

Name:  Photo Taken.JPG
Views: 705
Size:  1.61 MBName:  Fotomat.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  90.6 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-19-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Before and after pics. We were too busy racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very nice - thanks! It also confirms what I need to do with my jib leads.

North calls that 3Di jib "white." I thought it was going to be, you know, white. They said 3Di grey is solid grey and darker, and 3Di black is really black.

So grey is the new white.
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-18-2019 at 08:29 PM.