Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini transat/Pogo 2 suitability

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew C View Post
    I greatly appreciate all of your advice. Is there something inherent in the design of build of the Pogo 2 that makes it susceptible to breaking things? Perhaps it is built to be light (and fast), but that it does not like the heavier winds of the SF Bay.

With regards to the question of cost etc - I am looking at a few options, and trying to look at the total fitted out cost, and trying to not be surprised by the extras.

Thank you
    Gregory's boat has been sailed twice to Hawaii, and Jerome's once. I don't recall any unusual breakdowns in either vessels in the passage. You would have to check with the boat owners but they all arrived in Hawaii in solid operational condition.

I haven't read all the thread above but my impression, for what this is worth, is that the Mini is great off the wind but struggles in the upwind legs of any of the around the buoy events. It would probably be in it's strongest element in the SHTP.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    You mean something like a past SHTP champion Wilderness 30 with most of the equipment still on it? I know where one of those can be located...
    DH
    More like an even older hard-chined SHTP winner... Dutch!