Thread: Volvo Penta MD7A exhaust Manifold

Default Volvo Penta MD7A exhaust Manifold

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a Volvo Penta MD7A (motor #14234) exhaust manifold (part #840288). The stretch goal would be to get a whole motor for spare parts.

My Dad was an avid sailor back in the day and his boat has been sitting at the docks for years. He lost the passion over time and when the motor stopped running due to a crack in the manifold, which didn't help. I'd love to rekindle our relationship, surprise him by turning wrenches on the motor, and start sailing with him. Anyone have anything kicking around in the bay area?

Thanks,
    James

I suggest you give Bill Ingle a call: (510) 708-9391. Bill rebuilds marine diesels (and has serviced mine for years). If he doesn't have the manifold he can probably suggest where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisingJay View Post
    ...My Dad was an avid sailor back in the day and his boat has been sitting at the docks for years. He lost the passion over time and when the motor stopped running due to a crack in the manifold, which didn't help. I'd love to rekindle our relationship, surprise him by turning wrenches on the motor, and start sailing with him. Anyone have anything kicking around in the bay area?
    James, when you get the engine and the boat back together, and you and your dad are out sailing again, I hope you'll post an update here. This is heartwarming. Sailboats and old sailors need to cut loose from the dock lines on a regular basis Good luck with finding a manifold!

James, I have one. Very rusty due to a water leak, but I don't think it's cracked. You're welcome to it for free if you think you can use it. I have some other (better) parts too, but I've promised them to another MD7A owner for a lump sum.

I'll be in the Bay Area very briefly around Christmas; the 26th would be my best day to rendezvous.

You may find (if you haven't already) that MD7A parts are extremely rare and extremely expensive. For that reason, I gave up repairing mine and repowered this year.

MaxName:  1222181725.jpg
Views: 2148
Size:  946.0 KBName:  1222181725a.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  1.06 MB

I have a transmission from my MD7A that is disassembled. I was going to rebuild it but then found a replacement. All parts are there and for the most part already cleaned and separated into bags. It is yours for free to pick up in Berkeley if you are interested.
    Call me at 415-203-5467. Tony