Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    This race perseveres mostly due to amnesia. But some still remember that sucking sound from last year and are waiting to see the forecast before signing up.
    I suppose that’s because a long day on the water with another person is a LONG day. Singlehanders seem to be out in force, though. No one asking, “Are we almost done?” or pointing: “I’m hungry. There’s room at Sams!”
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-23-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    I have a 50/50 chance of being right.
    Rick, not quite 50/50. I've done a "figure 4" (Red Rock first or last) a few times, and once it even resulted in a class win.

Have fun, everyone. Wish I were there!
    Max

I went down to the boat and used the dock cleaner (PVC pipe "T" with indoor/outdoor carpet on the cross of the "T") and scrubbed the bottom. I got all the sludge off the rudder. Considering as I haven't done that for about 2 months, it wasn't bad. The hull and topsides were scrubbed. They don't gleam exactly, but nobody will catch a disease from sitting in the Wildcat's cockpit, now. I gotta say, dirt and algae just LOVE the S-2's antiskid. I know that I can scrub all day long and I won't get it all out. I'll rent a pressure washer late in march for the yearly antiskid blast. It's the only way to get that stuff out.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Was it something I said?

Of the 333 boats in the race 25 are Multihulls but only one singlehanded multihull..signed lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Was it something I said?

Of the 333 boats in the race 25 are Multihulls but only one singlehanded multihull..signed lonely
    Poor baby! I see a big fat first place trophy in your future!

Unfortunately no. As former RC I got my ear chewed of many time over NOR/SSI #10a which defines you need compilation to win. Best I can hope for is a Participation Trophy = T-Shirt

Maybe it was your aftershave.

The bad news is our old <108 singlehanded division is almost extinct
    The good news is I bought a boat that rates >108
    The bad news is I now have to race against the WylieCats

Yep, I really miss our old Golf 108 and under group, you on Ragtime, Dirk multiple boats, David Temerity, Brian Red Sky and many other great racers. SSS is turning into the Doublehanded Sailing Society which I accept to keep short handed sailing alive but I was inspired by folks like Rob on Tiger Bettle and his generation...I guess I still suffer from Toxic masculinity