In 2014, I sold my Moore 24 and migrated to the other coast. I never made it to Hawaii in the Moore--I think I sailed about five shorthanded races, total--but the idea was firmly planted.

Later this year I should complete an un-migration and return. I can't claim to be coming back a local, as I'll be stuck in northern NV, but the boat will live in SF Bay and I'm already plotting for 2020! I have a new weapon, a Jeanneau Sun Fast 3200, and she is thirsty for some Mai Tais.

I have a couple of questions I'd like to pitch to the audience.

I am not rightly sure what my employer thinks of these plans, but I am concerned I won't be able to be take enough time off to sail the boat home. I'd be obliged if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on what it would take to send her home on a ship. I would imagine it's a trip of close to three weeks on her own keel.

The boat's equipped with a twin rudder/twin tiller setup. When I did the Bermuda 1-2 in 2017, I met the emergency tiller requirement with the combination of having two of both-and showing I could keep the weather one in the water if the leeward one was gone- as well as having a backup plan of doing the old spin pole off the transom number. Would any of the kind folks who know about such things weigh in on whether or not that would meet the requirements of the SHTP?

Am I getting ahead of myself? When I can't sail, I like to plan for sailing!

Steve