Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HI to SD delivery

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Phoenix, boat in San Diego
    Posts
    259

    Default HI to SD delivery

    Arctic Ace, a 1977 factory-finished Westsail 43 lying Ke’ehi Harbor, O’ahu, needs to get to San Diego this spring.

    The owner is the first and only owner and has sailed her double-handed over 50,000 nm around the Pacific, but now has age/health challenges that have him looking for someone else to get the boat to SD. He is a friend of a friend and I have been in conversation with him for several months about doing the delivery myself with a second person as crew. Recently, however, matters beyond my control have developed that preclude me from doing so this spring. I would be available later this summer, but he doesn’t want to wait for hurricane season.

    Owner will pay air fare and expenses for two from CA to HI, but is looking for volunteer or very low cost skipper and crew. At the rates he has been quoted for professional skippers he would just as soon ship the boat.

    I haven’t met the guy in person, but I have talked with him at length about the details. I would do this if I could, and wish the timing worked for me. PM me here or contact me by any other means that you may have used before.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1

    Default Interested

    Hey Lee,

    I am interested in crewing this summer if Arctic Ace still needs moving.

    Jim Harrison
    SV Resolve
    Bodega Bay
    (916) 591-9615



    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Arctic Ace, a 1977 factory-finished Westsail 43 lying Ke’ehi Harbor, O’ahu, needs to get to San Diego this spring.

    The owner is the first and only owner and has sailed her double-handed over 50,000 nm around the Pacific, but now has age/health challenges that have him looking for someone else to get the boat to SD. He is a friend of a friend and I have been in conversation with him for several months about doing the delivery myself with a second person as crew. Recently, however, matters beyond my control have developed that preclude me from doing so this spring. I would be available later this summer, but he doesn’t want to wait for hurricane season.

    Owner will pay air fare and expenses for two from CA to HI, but is looking for volunteer or very low cost skipper and crew. At the rates he has been quoted for professional skippers he would just as soon ship the boat.

    I haven’t met the guy in person, but I have talked with him at length about the details. I would do this if I could, and wish the timing worked for me. PM me here or contact me by any other means that you may have used before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •