Thread: ATN sock for spinnaker

Default ATN sock for spinnaker

I was speaking with someone the other day about the need to get a spinnaker sock and said how much I liked the ATN that I'd borrowed from Bob a while back. This person (and the reason for this post) said he had three of them and one might work for my boat. Anyone out there with three ATN socks lying around who remembers this conversation? Thoughts go through my head faster than....oh look, a squirrel! This was the aftermath of throwing caution to the wind and forgetting how difficult it is to fly an asym without a sock....

Name:  IMG_20190512_201412.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  3.01 MB

Carliane

Looks like you're fumigating.

I have several. The one you borrowed from me was a North, but they work about the same as the ATN's. Actually I still have the one you borrowed. I'll swap you for some flares.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    forgetting how difficult it is to fly an asym without a sock....[/ATTACH] Carliane
    Wait! That's not how it's supposed to look when it comes down?
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-13-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Wait! That's not how it's supposed to look when it comes down?
    Ha. Only if you've been shrimping yours like I was mine. From what I can tell, you've been expertly flying a spinnaker for some time now. I actually wrenched my back pretty badly yesterday trying to haul that thing out of the water. Next time, I'll remember to tell the crew to close the stopper on they halyard before letting it go. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Looks like you're fumigating.

I have several. The one you borrowed from me was a North, but they work about the same as the ATN's. Actually I still have the one you borrowed. I'll swap you for some flares.
    This is very much appreciated! But I don't think those flares cost near as much as your North sock. I might owe you a beer (or two) once all the swapping is done.