Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 SSS Cruise Down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2019 SSS Cruise Down

Hi, Kids
    Time for scheduling all good things, one of which is the Fifth Annual SSS Cruise-Down. This year we have been invited to the Sierra Point Yacht Club in Brisbane. Not as far south, but there is a dinner Saturday night on November 16 to which we are invited. Not have to provide dogs and burgers of our own?!!! Will worlds collide? Don’t know. Top of the flood is 1.7 knots/noon at the Gate. Genuine slips available for boats under 40 ' = $10/night, over 40' = $15/night. Click below:

Invitation 2019.pdf
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-14-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Hi, Kids
    Just this past week I've received THREE emails from people interested in the Fifth Annual SSS Cruise-Down. So, once again, here are the details:

This year we have been invited to the Sierra Point Yacht Club in Brisbane. There is a dinner Saturday night on November 16 to which we are invited. Top of the flood is 1.7 knots/noon at the Gate. Genuine slips available for boats under 40 ' = $10/night, over 40' = $15/night. Click here: Invitation 2019.pdf

In, with something pink.

I'm in..
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    In, with something pink.
    I've seen those somewhere before ....

Making my berth reservation. They'll be going fast!

I'm in!

BTW. Everyone is invited to the Cruise Down, including sailors from Southern California. Yeah, you know who you are. A Cruise-In is the perfect time to discuss this latest kerfuffle regarding the 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race. I'll bake you a pie.
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-24-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Ok I sent Teresa an email requesting a slip. SHTP Kerfuffle? Clearly I don’t spend enough time on this forum. I was in here for about 4 hours last night trying to catch up but missed that!

UPDATE regarding the SSS Cruise-Down on Saturday November 16, 2019.

We will reconnoiter at McCovey Cove @ High Noon on Saturday. Top of the flood is 1.7 knots/noon at the Gate.

Remember, this is not a race. It is a Cruise. There are no rules, skippers must find their own way down via charts and without the guidance of a race committee. Wearing a life jacket is recommended. Boats will monitor Channel 72.

This year we have been invited to the Sierra Point Yacht Club in Brisbane. There is a Chili Cook-Off Contest Saturday night on November 16 to which we have been invited. If you bring chili your dinner is free and if you are a finalist you may win a Chili Cookoff apron. Otherwise bring $10 cash to pay for dinner. Credit cards or cash are accepted.

Genuine slips are available for boats under 40 ' = $10/night, over 40' = $15/night.

Call ahead to Teresa Camarda, Administrative Assistant, Brisbane Marina
    Phone: (650) 583-6975 Email: tcamarda@brisbaneca.org

She will ask you to email her copies of your boat registration and proof of insurance. Let her know you're with the Sierra Point YC Cruise-In so you get the reduced rate.

Here are directions to the Brisbane Marina, home to the Sierra Point Yacht Club, our host:

By land yacht: 400 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, California.
    By boat: 37 7589N, -122 4036W

THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR: 1/ The oldest SSS shirt; 2/ The most friends and family members aboard upon arrival; 3/ Youngest crew member aboard; 4/ longest trip (set your gps odometer as you leave your slip), 5/ oldest SSS hat. Maybe one extra prize depending upon availability.

There have been questions:
    Q: how good are the prizes? I don’t need another t - shirt
    A: The prizes are very cool. Not expensive. You will like them + it’s fun to win.

There will be no appeal process and protests will be disregarded.

Remember: This is the Singlehanded Sailing Society. It’s okay to come solo.