Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 SSS Cruise Down

Still in, with Pinky and Greg.

Pinky was last seen sleeping off an upside-down drinking binge in the corner of my office (normal for them) and I think Greg is bringing chili, although that's not confirmed.

Default Slight Detour on the way to Sierra Point

There is some talk about how it won't take very long to sail to Sierra Point Yacht club from McCovey Cove, so how about stopping off at Ballena Bay Yacht Club for brunch on the way? This talk is from bigger, faster boats than Dura Mater, so I suppose you do all go faster and arrive sooner. Well, maybe not you, Cliff ;-)

Anyway, Dura Mater will be in McCovey Cove at noon, then we will sail over to Ballena Bay YC. They are expecting us to tie up at E Dock in Ballena Bay. You are welcome to join the flotilla, or to continue without the detour to Sierra Point. We should arrive well before dark, and in time for the chili cook-off dinner. See you on Saturday.

Let's monitor Channel 69.
    Last edited by Philpott; 11-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Technically it's the Pier 29 restaurant, not the Ballena Bay Yacht Club, but I think they're in the same building.

Those wanting to take this detour should plan to depart McCovey Cove at High Noon, to insure we get into Brisbane Marina and tied up before it gets dark around 1700.

This will be fun. For lunch I'm planning to have Steak Tartar (NOT!)

I'm sailing up from Coyote Point. I won't be going to Ballena Bay, though, and am figuring on getting to Brisbane around 3:30 +/-
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I'm sailing up from Coyote Point. I won't be going to Ballena Bay, though, and am figuring on getting to Brisbane around 3:30 +/-
    Thanks, Alan. See you there.

I can't find my current registration. I might have to go to AAA and print out another. I need them, or Theresa won't give me an overnight berth.

I also have to have them to get my new electronic gate key at Coyote Point.

durnit...the paper is around my study SOME-where.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Hi there, new guy here, Sam Turner. I just became aware of the SSS forum and Bob J clued me into the Cruise Down. I have a conflict on Saturday night but may be able to get on the water for part of the afternoon. If so, would I be able to join up with them lunch crew at Pier 29?

Quote Originally Posted by samcturner View Post
    Hi there, new guy here, Sam Turner. I just became aware of the SSS forum and Bob J clued me into the Cruise Down. I have a conflict on Saturday night but may be able to get on the water for part of the afternoon. If so, would I be able to join up with them lunch crew at Pier 29?
    Hi, Sam! Jackie here, from E Dock, almost stern to stern of you. Of course you are welcome to join us anytime! See you on the water!

We're planning on getting to Ballena Bay at 1300, tying up on E Dock. Lunch reservations are for 1315 at Pier 29 restaurant. After lunch we'll head across to Sierra Pt.

We'll be monitoring Ch. 69

Meet you at Ballena Bay
    DH