Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: R2ak 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Attachment 4727

Click here for a reservation to this FREE EVENT: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Attachment 4727

Click here for a reservation to this FREE EVENT: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
    I heard from a mostly-reliable source that there will be popcorn, with special dips!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I heard from a mostly-reliable source that there will be popcorn, with special dips!
    Stop that, Bob. Popcorn. No dips.

Every party has a pooper.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Seriously? Dips too?

Quote Originally Posted by SailingNat View Post
    Seriously? Dips too?
    I give up. Yes, Bob is bringing the special dips. Don't your fingers get all gooey? Doesn't it create "double dipping" issues?

I see your point. Maybe I should rethink this.

I just watched a draft of Nathalie's movie, which is GREAT FUN!!! There is character development and agony and ecstasy and BOATS!. Lots and lots of footage of cool boats going fast. Nathalie's voice over talks about their strategy decisions and the Millennials are very happy to be on Envolee doing something very exciting.

I won't give away the plot except to say that they all lived happily ever after. Remember: Monday night, 7:30 -9:30 October 7. come drink fruitie drinks or beer, and yes, if you drink too much you can sleep aboard the Hotel Dura Mater. Remember to lean over the leeward side.

Here's an article about Shawn Dunand, aka Team Soggy Cru from the 2019 R2AK. Friends are easily made on the docks in Victoria Harbor, and this was sent to me by his partner, Leah. I have a video interview with him, as well, and will post it when I get a minute. He's a compelling person. This particular photo reminds me of that fella Odysseus:

https://boatingfreedom.com/alaska-calling/

Default FILM PREMIERE: NAT AND THE SEVEN DUDES This Monday @ RYC

Remember that Nathalie Criou and her entire crew from the 2018 R2AK Team Shut Up and Drive will be showing the world premiere of their Film: NAT AND THE SEVEN DUDES Monday night at Richmond Yacht Club. 7:30-9:30 pm.

The motto of the Richmond Yacht Club is: "This Club was Made For Fun". The bar will open at 5:30 pm and there will be TWO bartenders!

Chef Mike and I located the Club Popcorn popper, covered in plastic in the corner of a dark outside closet, so THERE WILL BE POPCORN if you get there before the movie starts.
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-03-2019 at 09:23 PM.