Thread: Help researching Diane Beeston, photographer

Default Help researching Diane Beeston, photographer

I am seeking help researching Diane Beeston and others from people who may guide me.

I have begun preproduction on a large, encompassing and most likely international documentary on our age of sailing. As a guy who loves sailing, the design, culture and boat history and as a professional film maker - I am on to something that could be quite special. This compelling film project is as important to me as my much loved boat. I finally have begun to line up the pieces and make a beautiful film which will link our understanding, passion and friendship over the decades. I recognize my film needs wonder contextual photos and other materials which will drive the history. It leads me to getting more information and understanding on Diane Beeston and finding out where her photography collection is. She is/was a wonderful photographer and captured many of the most treasured images of the golden age of recreational sailing.

Any help or thoughts is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ted Hoppe (Lively Lady, Mull 30-1)
    Alameda, CA
    Last edited by Black Jack; 09-30-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Thanks Bob for the help. I am so sorry I missed her celebration of her life and had a chance to be her friend. Family, life and work got away from me during that time.

As you will see in the months to come, I am sincere about my work, passions and will tell a good narrative.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 09-30-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

Ted,

I have several of her signed works. They were all taken in the 60's and early 70's. I'd be glad to share them with you.

Diane was always out (taking pictures) during the years I was an active racer in YRA.

Lively Lady II was one of my favorite boats in the early 70's. I did a couple of ocean races against her.