Thread: Last minute flares order. Want to split shipping fees?

Lightbulb Last minute flares order. Want to split shipping fees?

Hi everybody,

I am renewing a few recently expired flares from Landfall. Much better price that Westmarine. There is a 80$ overcharged for shipping. If you need flares too and are interested in splitting shipping fees. please reach out. I am ordering tonight (06/16/2019). Shipping to Sausalito.

See you all soon,

Gregory

That is a heavy shipping premium for what.... 5? (3x Reds, 2x smoke). I can my local wholesale price w/o shipping to see how it compares..... if it's better I can source them for whoever needs them.

For SOLAS flares, also check with Coast Marine in San Francisco, and Sal's Inflatables in Alameda - both stock SOLAS flares (handheld and parachute) and smoke cannisters.

It is diffficult to spend more than West Marine charges. Shipping flares is rather expensive as they ship as 'explosives' - not something UPS is super happy about having in their trucks.

- rob

So I can source including sales tax the SOLAS red parachute flares for $53 each although those are not required. SOLAS red handheld flares are $16 each. Svend's was out of the orange smoke and I needed another so it was like $55 at Sal's.

On landfallnavigation.com the Red parachute is at $39.95 (Mk8A Flare) and the SOLAS Orange Lifesmoke Mk9 Flare Canister is at $39.95 as well... Much cheaper than anywhere else, this is before tax though. The $80 shipping cost makes it even with Sal's if you just need a few flares...

I am going to end up buying from Coast Marine in San Francisco as they are giving me a discount for servicing my liferaft. Still about the same price anyways.. thanks for looking up pricing and offering help.
    Last edited by Gregs; 06-18-2019 at 01:42 PM.