Hi All,

I just joined the forum.

I've been sailing since age seven and single handing my own boat for over 18 years. I've done a lot of single handing in the PNW in all conditions and all times of year but never done an ocean passage solo.

Last summer I took my boat around Vancouver Island solo. That's my biggest boating accomplishment so far.

I've done some ocean sailing and some passages with crew, the longest being Seattle to San Francisco.

After a lifetime of trying to get to this place I now find myself ready to sail to Hawaii from Seattle but don't anticipate having crew so I'm resolved to single hand.

I know it gets done that way all the time but I also know that doesn't mean it's easy. But the time is fast approaching. June of 2020 is when I'm free to go. That sounds like a long time from now but I know it will go by fast. The boat is ready to go for the most part. The real issue is going to be psychological. My biggest concern is how to deal with lack of sleep and watch keeping etc. I'd be interested to hear of other peoples experiences and practices in that regard. I don't really want to get run over or crash into something.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm looking forward to reading and learning from folks here.

Steve