Thread: Emails bouncing

Default Emails bouncing

I've been trying to send an email to the commodore and racechair emails for days now. Both addresses bounce back with errors, undeliverable. I've tried from several email addresses.???
    ------------------>
    A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

commodore@sfbaysss.org
    all hosts for 'sfbaysss.org' have been failing for a long time (and retry time not reached)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; web208.dnchosting.com

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;commodore@sfbaysss.org

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Possible DNS issue at your end? The SSS uses inmotionhosting, same as Jibeset. There should be no connection with 'dnchosting.com'. Are you sure you did not send to .net or .com?

Try looking up sfbaysss.org here: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx...g&run=toolpage

It should resolve to 192.145.239.28
    InMotion Hosting, Inc. (AS22611)

[EDIT]

It looks like sfbaysss.com is somewhat in limbo. My DNS says it is at 204.11.56.42, but reverse lookup on this IP fails. It is registered by someone. Maybe we abandoned it? I don't remember. If you sent email to sfbaysss.com, that could be the problem. Everything should use .org .
    Last edited by pogen; 07-22-2019 at 11:08 AM.

I send and receive emails everyday from those two addresses I used, never had this issue before. Double-checked and they were sent to commodore@sfbaysss.org.

I ran a test with Don (SSS Commodore) using the email address as listed on the SSS Contacts page: commodore@sfbaysss.org and that went through fine, Don received the note and replied to me. This was using my normal gmail.com account on firefox/wintel laptop.

Do you use dnchosting? The SSS does not. From reading the bounce-back error message, strikes me that dnchosting is assuming that sfbaysss.org is a dead domain (which it isn't). The SSS website did move over to SSL some months back, there is an off-chance that somehow dnchosting doesn't play well with that change.

- rob/beetle