Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Moon Bay 2019

Default Half Moon Bay 2019

Does anyone know if there is a date posted for an Awards meeting for Drake's Bay.. do we even do one? Also, any info for a newbie regarding preparing for Half Moon Bay appreciated!
    Thanks
    M

I'm guessing the powers-that-be will combine the Drake's Bay awards with the HMB Skippers' meeting.

Keep the Colorado Reef buoy and HMB #1 to port, or Mulan might find herself participating in a Mavericks surfing contest. Avoid the Montara hole. It's best to get the main down outside the breakwater since things can be unpredictable inside. If you call the harbormaster for a slip assignment, call the "Pillar Point" harbormaster (vs. "Half Moon Bay") or you'll get corrected over the radio. Mulan might be a bit drafty for rafting up at the yacht club's small boat dock. Ketch Joanne for breakfast, unless Dave is organizing breakfast at the yacht club.

Fuel up for a longish motor home - there's often not much wind until you're almost to Land's End, and/or it's on the nose.

Always a fun weekend - I can hardly wait.
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-02-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Default Half Moon Bay 2019

This from Dave Morris:
    I will be there and as long as the wind isn't too strong we will plan for the raft up to the dock as we have done the last few years. If you would pass that info along to the skippers at the meeting I would appreciate that. Channel 69 for the club. If the wind or swell in the harbor is too strong then we will have to ban boats from the docks or it will tear our ground tackle loose and we lose the whole thing. Dave

http://www.smharbor.com/files/1bf7ed...f-07.01.19.pdf

Or anchor out over on the yacht club side of the harbor free. Sunday morning it's usually blue sky.

Name:  HMB 2011 - Copy.JPG
Views: 1111
Size:  104.7 KB

Some times it's not.

Name:  Return - Copy.JPG
Views: 1067
Size:  58.0 KB

Thanks Bob...!!

Outsider has always stayed on the floating HMBYC dock and she draws 7.2'. Only once did I find myself leaning a bit sideways for a few hours. Never been stuck when coming in or leaving.

Tying off to the inside of the "Tee" , Nightmare's 5.9' keel found bottom one night .
    Just had her leaning a bit.

Dinner at Half Moon Bay will be salmon, not ribs. Here's the link: https://bit.ly/sss-dinner-2019

Dave Morris will be cooking up breakfast at Half Moon Bay Yacht Club Sunday morning, as per his usual gracious host manner. Probably 7-9 am, all the coffee you can drink. Remember the Donation Jar, proceeds to go to the Yacht Club.

A special thanks to the SSS race folks for enabling me to participate in one of the most interesting HMB Races in recent memory. It was all fun, including the foggy mix-master at Lands End (in hindsight). At one point I got turned around and when I passed several boats going in the other direction I thought they were going home. It was NOT a senior moment, so don't tell my wife! I truly appreciate Kristen's welcoming voice on the radio, the organization that happens getting things organized, and the great company at the dinner. - Pat "NANCY"

Quote Originally Posted by Wylieguy View Post
    A special thanks to the SSS race folks for enabling me to participate in one of the most interesting HMB Races in recent memory. It was all fun, including the foggy mix-master at Lands End (in hindsight). At one point I got turned around and when I passed several boats going in the other direction I thought they were going home. It was NOT a senior moment, so don't tell my wife! I truly appreciate Kristen's welcoming voice on the radio, the organization that happens getting things organized, and the great company at the dinner. - Pat "NANCY"
    +1 and to Jackie and Bob for allowing as a crew on their boat!