Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seminars

Gentlemen, the 2020 SHTP is seven months away. There is NOTHING AT ALL about it on the SSS Website.

I'm not volunteering for the SSS Webmaster position but I can knock together a basic HTML page with some pretty pictures, race dates and a couple of links in a few hours and e-mail it to someone to put it up.

This is just WRONG.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Default First Three Seminars

2020 Transpac Seminars
    Draft Calendar
    Wednesdays except where noted

November 13 Welcome and Introduction to the idea of The Race
    David Herrigel and Bob Johnston have agreed to share this seminar. They will bring in their equipment; encourage people to talk about themselves, their boats, why they’re doing the race

December 11 Chris Case: Power requirements for and types of communications: how to power your lights, autopilots, radios, various gadgets, your big screen tv and refrigerator/freezer. George Lythcott and Joe Balderamma: Small boat issues, Keeping yourself warm, dry and fed.

January 11/12 SATURDAY/SUNDAY: Emergency rudder race in Potrero Reach again; encourage people to come with or without their boats, bring their emergency rudders, talk about how they made them, whether they’ve tried them, encourage them to try them out or to sail with someone who is doing the race or will do. Arrangements have been made with Richmond Yacht Club to use their docks and end ties. People are encouraged to stay the night on their boats, eat breakfast at Louie’s next morning.

Questions? Ask away.

Default 2020 Seminar Series Update

Seminar Poster.pdf

Print them off, send them to your sister in Wichita, your family and friends in the hinterlands. If someone can figure out a way to post the poster itself here, thank you!

Name:  Seminar Poster.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  330.6 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 11-15-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Default Welcome to the Race Video 11.13.19

Last edited by Philpott; 11-14-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoSolo View Post
    Thank you for this.
    You are very welcome, MarcoSolo. Where are you and what is your boat? Oh, and what is your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    You are very welcome, MarcoSolo. Where are you and what is your boat? Oh, and what is your name?
    High and dry in Wisconsin, ex Pegasus, Westsail 32, which I sailed from FL to AK in '05-'06. My name's Mark. I met Haulback in Hilo as he was finishing his circumnavigation and looking him up after that led me here.

I'm thinking about heading out alone again and prepping myself and a boat for the Transpac or the Shaka Challenge (family in Irvine) would be a good way to get my feet wet. Just exploring the logistics of putting it all together on the west coast without breaking the bank.

Hello,

I was unable to attend Wednesday's meeting but am interested in the material. Was there a Powerpoint presentation or other handouts that could be shared?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Default Thank you!

Thank you for filming the first seminar, very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vilhauer View Post
    Thank you for filming the first seminar, very helpful.
    You are most welcome, Tom.