Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vallejo 1-2

Default Vallejo 1-2

Is there an Alerion fleet now? Are the big ones all BLUE???

I like Alerion 28's. They is pretty, more-or-less hassle-free and they sail good.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. Will there be dinner at the Vallejo YC after the race? Do we need to order ahead of time?

53 entries so far - should be quite the party!

Great weekend, thank you to the race committee for enabling us to race. Great sailing both days.

Though that Sunday finish was more than infuriating. Over 5 hours of patient work washed out by the breeze filling in from behind... Still made for a pleasant delivery back to Alameda.

This weekend was a reminder of why I enjoy the SSS so much. The race up* was fun and competitive, and the extended time with friends was especially good.

Thanks to the R/C for a great season.

*On the way to Saturday's start, Outsider's outboard tried to burn off the back of his boat. Over breakfast on Sunday we discussed a tow to get him back down bay if the wind didn't appear. In retrospect he could have raced back and finished, but it sure wasn't looking that way for most of the day.
    Last edited by BobJ; 10-21-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Outsider has more stories to tell, I'll let him do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    This weekend was a reminder of why I enjoy the SSS so much. Yes, the race up* was great - and competitive - but the extended time with friends was especially good.

Thanks to the R/C for a great season.

*On the way to Saturday's start, Outsider's outboard tried to burn off the back of his boat. Over breakfast on Sunday we discussed a tow to get him back down bay if the wind didn't appear. In retrospect he could have raced back and finished, but it sure wasn't looking that way for most of the day.

Thank you to all the race volunteers (and to Rob for his boat). You made the Vallejo weekend one of best I can remember. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into running this, and all, the SSS races. I look forward to thanking you in person at the Vallejo meeting.

A side note: who was the Wabbit skipper who took a swim Saturday? I diverted to help, but he was back in the boat and on his way before I got there. Is there a story to be told?

Thank You R/C! What a fun weekend of racing and reconnecting with fellow SSS'ers! Any pics out there on the interweb of our flash mob finish?

Name:  express 27 skippers at vallejo 1-2.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  2.97 MB A great weekend of warm weather sailing. Thanks to the Race Committee for tracking us down for the times they missed . And good call sending us off with the current on Sunday.

And the pleasure of seeing all the usual suspects and old friends of the SSS. Pictured here all 5 Express 27 skippers enjoying a few at the bar.
    Last edited by skatzman; 10-21-2019 at 05:27 PM.