Thread: 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race Participants

Default 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race Participants

Name:  fleet under rainbow.JPG
Views: 11101
Size:  354.3 KB

Name:  Participants 2020.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  727.2 KB

So who do I send the check to? How much?

Almost finished installing forced air space heater (runs on diesel) on the Buffalo. Need some creature comforts as I get older...

Are you planning a longer return, perhaps by way of the PNW? That's what I'd like to do - though 2022 is more likely than 2020 for that diversion.

Let's see...Quancy has forced air heating, Johnson has a bathtub and a rubber duckie, what next, a Jacuzzi?

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Name:  fleet under rainbow.JPG
Views: 11101
Size:  354.3 KB

Name:  Participants 2020.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  727.2 KB
    Note paragraph 3. For some reason David want's to get to Hawaii in a hurry.

Olson 29

Conceived as a revamp of the Olson 30, the Olson 29 was in 1984. The 29 has the same hull as the 30, but everything else is different. The 29 had 3 important and more forward-thinking features when compared to the Olson 30: Ellpitical keel and rudder, fractional rig and open transom.

Production commenced 1985 and it is believed that only 27 Olson 29’s were built.

Due the smaller fore triangle, the 29 actually has less upwind sail area than the 30. The down wind sail area is higher as the 29’s mainsail is larger than the 30 and utilizing the “stock” penalty pole, the 29 has the same sized spinnaker as the 30.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Let's see...Quancy has forced air heating, Johnson has a bathtub and a rubber duckie, what next, a Jacuzzi?
    Um, nope. I have Corian countertops, a water heater and a stripper pole. I think you meant Johnston, not Johnson. He probably has a jacuzzi on that amazingly beautiful yacht of his.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Are you planning a longer return, perhaps by way of the PNW? That's what I'd like to do - though 2022 is more likely than 2020 for that diversion.
    2020 I come straight home. That work thing.

2022 I hope to retire and do the PacCup - and then head north as the weather allow... Alaska... Queen Charlottes... whichever way the wind blows... but a lot can change in 3 years... time will tell...

PSSA singlehanders racing to Hanalei: https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...DOC=nr&TYP=pdf
    Last edited by sleddog; 10-15-2019 at 10:21 AM.

"The race will start at J or H mark in Marina Del Rey in accordance with sailing instructions at
    noon on Saturday, June 27 2020. The finish line will be in the vicinity of the entrance to
    Hanalei Bay, Kauai."

Huh! Will they have their own Sea Squirrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    "The race will start at J or H mark in Marina Del Rey in accordance with sailing instructions at
    noon on Saturday, June 27 2020. The finish line will be in the vicinity of the entrance to
    Hanalei Bay, Kauai."

Huh! Will they have their own Sea Squirrel?

1. ORGANIZINGAUTHORITY:
    The Pacific Singlehanded Sailing Association located in Marina Del Rey, California, is organizing the 2020 Shaka Challenge Race from Marina Del Rey to Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii. The race will be held in conjunction with, and finish with the 2020 SSS Singlehanded Transpac. The two races will be scored differently and will be managed individually by their respective clubs.