Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race Participants

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,209

    Default 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race Participants

    Name:  fleet under rainbow.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  354.3 KB

    Name:  Participants 2020.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  727.2 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    65

    Default

    So who do I send the check to? How much?

    Almost finished installing forced air space heater (runs on diesel) on the Buffalo. Need some creature comforts as I get older...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Are you planning a longer return, perhaps by way of the PNW? That's what I'd like to do - though 2022 is more likely than 2020 for that diversion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Let's see...Quancy has forced air heating, Johnson has a bathtub and a rubber duckie, what next, a Jacuzzi?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Name:  fleet under rainbow.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  354.3 KB

    Name:  Participants 2020.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  727.2 KB
    Note paragraph 3. For some reason David want's to get to Hawaii in a hurry.


    Olson 29

    Conceived as a revamp of the Olson 30, the Olson 29 was in 1984. The 29 has the same hull as the 30, but everything else is different. The 29 had 3 important and more forward-thinking features when compared to the Olson 30: Ellpitical keel and rudder, fractional rig and open transom.

    Production commenced 1985 and it is believed that only 27 Olson 29’s were built.

    Due the smaller fore triangle, the 29 actually has less upwind sail area than the 30. The down wind sail area is higher as the 29’s mainsail is larger than the 30 and utilizing the “stock” penalty pole, the 29 has the same sized spinnaker as the 30.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montara, CA
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Let's see...Quancy has forced air heating, Johnson has a bathtub and a rubber duckie, what next, a Jacuzzi?
    Um, nope. I have Corian countertops, a water heater and a stripper pole. I think you meant Johnston, not Johnson. He probably has a jacuzzi on that amazingly beautiful yacht of his.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Are you planning a longer return, perhaps by way of the PNW? That's what I'd like to do - though 2022 is more likely than 2020 for that diversion.
    2020 I come straight home. That work thing.

    2022 I hope to retire and do the PacCup - and then head north as the weather allow... Alaska... Queen Charlottes... whichever way the wind blows... but a lot can change in 3 years... time will tell...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Capitola,CA
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    PSSA singlehanders racing to Hanalei: https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...DOC=nr&TYP=pdf
    Last edited by sleddog; 10-15-2019 at 11:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,209

    Default

    "The race will start at J or H mark in Marina Del Rey in accordance with sailing instructions at
    noon on Saturday, June 27 2020. The finish line will be in the vicinity of the entrance to
    Hanalei Bay, Kauai."

    Huh! Will they have their own Sea Squirrel?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    "The race will start at J or H mark in Marina Del Rey in accordance with sailing instructions at
    noon on Saturday, June 27 2020. The finish line will be in the vicinity of the entrance to
    Hanalei Bay, Kauai."

    Huh! Will they have their own Sea Squirrel?


    1. ORGANIZINGAUTHORITY:
    The Pacific Singlehanded Sailing Association located in Marina Del Rey, California, is organizing the 2020 Shaka Challenge Race from Marina Del Rey to Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii. The race will be held in conjunction with, and finish with the 2020 SSS Singlehanded Transpac. The two races will be scored differently and will be managed individually by their respective clubs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •