Thread: 2019/20 BYC Midwinters Shorthanded Division

Default 2019/20 BYC Midwinters Shorthanded Division

Anybody looking to race in this years Berkeley Midwinters on Sundays in a shorthanded division? Like last year Stink Eye will go if it happens.

Surprise! is planning on it. I might go double-handed this year.

https://jibeset.net/BYC000.php?RG=T005589588

Like Jonathan said, shorthanders (single or double-handed) race on the Sundays.

Update: Bobbi sets the divisions on Nov. 4th. We need more shorthanders (SH or DH) to sign up for the Sunday series or we may not have our own division.

They're using Jibeset this year and I can't tell who signed up for what (!), but I see only a couple boats who have raced shorthanded in the past... Further update: Now 6 or 7 shorthanded boats - thanks!

Please sign up if you can! It's a great way to keep sailing on your calendar over the Winter. It's a fun, leisurely series with good-looking people who you know!
    Last edited by BobJ; 11-05-2019 at 06:47 PM.

We have enough double-handers for their own division but we could use a couple more singlehanders. Of course we'd rather have lots more, so please sign up and come join us.

Here's that link again:
    https://jibeset.net/BYC000.php?RG=T005589588

The first race is this Sunday. First warning is 1155 at OC-X. SI's are up and the divisions will be posted on Friday.

Philpott drove Surprise! today in the first Berkeley Midwinter. In the double-handed "Carl Schumacher" division, we finished second to RYC race guru Fred Paxton and Jennifer McKenna on their Alerion 28 Zenaida. Zenaida can be seen next to the pom-poms on Philpott's lucky hat. Nice drivin' there, Jackie!

Name:  Philpott.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  568.0 KB