Thread: 30-FT SCAMPI for sale

Default 30-FT SCAMPI for sale

In December 2015 Dura Mater was in the Berkeley Marine Center for a bottom job. I watched this pretty little yellow boat roll by on its way to the launch.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  36.2 KB

Oooh. She was so pretty. So I chatted up her owner, Larry Zedaker, who had just had her hull re-painted, new rigging, engine serviced by my second favorite mechanic, Kurt, added a new Harken furler etc etc. Very nice, and I gave him my boat card.

Today he called me and told me his lovely boat is for sale, and for a particularly good price to any friend of mine.

No, I do not get a commission.

Melody is for sale on Latitude 38, listed for $15,000. Let me know for what Larry sells it to you. I am kind of interested in what my friendship is worth.

Name:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 707
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 640
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  38.4 KB

This boat was raced to Hanalei Bay in the 1994 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race by Peter Myrner. The elapsed time was 14:18:44:05 corrected time 10:05:12:08.

"The Scampi 30 is a Swedish design that won the World's Half-Tonners twice in the seventies. Easy to single-hand, ST winches, all lines led to cockpit. New standing rigging, Harken furler and deck paint. Yanmar diesel, 10 North sails - spinnakers, Martec prop, autopilot, dodger full instruments and many extras."

Located in the Emery Cove Yacht Harbor. Email (925) 376-1081 or (925) 212-6080
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-15-2019 at 09:03 PM.

I think I've discussed this before, but my aging mind can't remember for sure. Peter kept his boat in Sausalito and sailed the SYC beer cans. I sailed against him in my Newport 30 & crewed with him in YRA and other races. He was a musician, therefore the boat's name. Peter was taken from us much too soon; he was a nice guy and good sailor. It's a nice boat that's been kept up by a succession of caring owners.