Thread: Half Moon Bay Singlehanded Trophy

Default Half Moon Bay Singlehanded Trophy

The Half Moon Bay Singlehanded Trophy has been missing for at least 2 years. I'm trying to track it down for personal reasons: I've won it the last 2 years. I'd like to spend some time with it before the next race. Here's a list of previous winners. My guess is one of you have the Box that Steve Wonner built and donated as a trophy after "UNO" won it so many times.
    2019 Pat Broderick "NANCY" Missing
    2018 Pat Broderick "NANCY" Missing
    2017 Joshua Rothe "OSCAR
    2016 Andrew Zimmerman "Warpath"
    2015 Bren Meyer "UNO" (again!!!!)
    2014 Bren Meyer "UNO"
    2013 Bren Meyer "UNO"
    2012 Mike Meloy "Even Keel"
    If you have the HMB Trophy you can contact me (Pat Broderick by PM) or one of the SSS Board Members. I'd really like to have the trophy until it's time to pass it along.
    Thanks, Pat Broderick "NANCY"

Several years ago, an outgoing Commodore (I'm guessing Jim Quanci) handed me a big box of unclaimed race plaques. Why me I don't know, but I put the box in storage and forgot about it. About a year ago I brought it home and attempted to disburse a few of the plaques to skippers I recognized, and I heaved out the rest (of the plaques, not the skippers). Also in the box was this trophy. I'm happy to get it to you:

Name:  HMB Trophy 1.JPG
Views: 1103
Size:  155.0 KBName:  HMB Trophy 2.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  116.2 KBName:  HMB Trophy 3.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  118.5 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 11-07-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Bob, Thanks. I'd really appreciate that and will see to it that the winners are brought up to date on both trophies. When I was the trophy guy it was always difficult getting them back, especially in time for engraving. Once the silver bowl came back badly corroded (it's silver plate). The winner had used it to keep fruit in, lemons, limes, oranges, and on his damp boat. The acid ate right through the silver place. I had it replaced at a little Mom&Pop silversmith here in Santa Rosa - triple plated. As I look at it today the silver's held up pretty well. Thanks again. I'll take down this thread as soon as I know how. Pat

Paul and Dawn donated that trophy....Wow.

VERY cool.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"