Thread: Getting Ready for SHTP 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The ditch bag/dry bag in shocking orange, with shoulder straps is here. It stinks of vinyl, so it's airing out in the garage. whoooieee, it came with a shocking orange phone protection dry bag. I can wear this like a backpack if I ever want an extremely visible day pack to wear in the rain.

Hatchboard retainer strap made, this morning. It's funny how some items take dozens, 20-40+ hours to finish and some take twenty minutes!

Item #7 done!

I sold my life to Google, and bought an inexpensive 9" Android mini-tablet on ebay the other day fr $65.. Of course, I had one a couple of years ago and I revolted at running Google's OS, but the damn things are so handy as navigation tools, with the built-in GPS that I relented. I'll load Open CPN on it. It will be a ton easier to read than my now-unused Android based Tracphone. I'll take the tracphone, too but this will be much easier to read. I have a waterproof USB keyboard at work, I think....if I didn't finally pitch it. I wonder if that will plug into the tablet. Hmm.

EDIT: and the solar panels just arrived. They're bigger than I thought they'd be, but not too bad. The charge controller arrived earlier today.

I think that's ~it~ for updating this for a while. Maybe I'll put another post in after I get the whole pushpit/solar/battery thing completed.
    Last edited by AlanH; 07-22-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"