Thread: 2020 Corinthian Race

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2020 Corinthian Race

As you all know, Michael Chammout participated in the Long Pac earlier this year, with an eye to the 2020 SHTP. He is Rear Commodore of the Corinthian Yacht Club, and recently attended a planning meeting for CYC’s mid-winter regatta, which Michael promises “… will be bigger, better, and more fun than ever!! Hope you all can make it.. Jan 18/19th, Feb 15/16th. I'm floating the idea of starting a short-handed division, we'll see how that goes.”

We have friends at CYC, so the idea might not be so Out There as Michael thinks. Especially if there is a singlehanded division. Dura Mater and I would sign up for that.

More from Michael: "Also am hoping on making the SSS Corinthian regatta, hosted at CYC, a bigger affair for the SSS... maybe a post race party, dock availability for folks to tie up and a barbecue on the deck at CYC, and more hospitality for the race committee. It could also serve as a bit of an introduction to the SSS and maybe attract a few more wierdo's to our merry band. Would love your input and thoughts on that, we could make it really fun! I'm adding a couple more folks to this string, hoping to get their input as well..

Corinthian Yacht Club has been good to the SSS. Any feedback here and on the water would probably be appreciated.
    Last edited by Philpott; 12-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.