Hello all

I want to introduce myself to the forum and ask for some assistance from the collective wisdom of this forum. Also Bob i'm looking at you I've been entering some SSS races for the past couple years, both with my Santana 525, Loki and also as crew on Carol's cal 34 Palapa.

I recently purchased a j/92 that i plan to race as shorthanded in addition to some crewed racing. Some of you may recognize the boat, Zaff as it had success in the PacCup in 2018. My plan is for bay and offshore racing, with Hawaii 2022 as a goal, not sure if this will be PacCup or SHTP but the SHTP is on the list at some point.

Zaff is equipped with a pelagic tiller pilot, and I intend to add the remote feature as one of my first upgrades, I also need to get the vang figured out, it seems like thats probably the most important control line this is relatively inaccessible from the helm position. Not sure what the best way to go about that though.

Halyards are led to the cockpit, should I be looking at cleating on the mast?

What about a code 0? The boat has a pretty new #1 which is in great shape, but i'm wondering if it would be a better plan to sail with a 3 and add a code 0 for a more favorable rating.

Furling? should i be looking into furling systems for the downwind inventory? I've heard mixed things. I have bad experiences with socks, and would prefer to not go that route.

reefing? What sort of reefing systems have the singlehanders here had success with? What doesn't work?

What else should I be looking at? Any and all advice is welcome.

I look forward to seeing you all out out there next year.

-tim