Thread: 2020 Three Bridge Fiasco

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dura Mater and I enjoyed our day together. And it was a long day. Once again we were on the wrong side of the start line at our start time. My fault, not hers.

Our only hope was to raise the spinnaker. I wasn't sure that was allowed, and there were a lot of boats up there already, but what could go wrong, right? So up it went, and then I realized that I would need to gybe in order to avoid the pin. Forget about all those other boats. So I did. Good thing there wasn't a lot of wind.

Then we were fine, and already pointed toward Blackaller, so off we went. We met up with quite a few other boats over there, but civility won the day and we all circled to port and starboard without smacking into each other.

After that it was a slow slog toward Red Rock, in the hope that we could make it up there before the flood pushed us back. Alas, we couldn’t. Instead, the north bay looked like this, which created a Zen state of mind:

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  210.6 KB

But what was this? Woo hoo! I forgot! That’s where your berth is, DM! And so there we went. And it was all good.
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-26-2020 at 09:58 PM.