Thread: CYC Midwinters... Shorthanded Division !!

Default CYC Midwinters... Shorthanded Division !!

Corinthian Yacht Club Midwinter Regatta has added a Shorthanded Division for 2020... January 18th & 19th, February 15th & 16th. Game on !!!

https://www.cyc.org

The CYC MidWins are coming up next weekend. If there's going to be a Shorthanded Division, skippers need to enter very, very soon. The CYC will decide Divisions by Wednesday or Thursday. They are not clear about how many Shorthanded Boats they need signed up, but generally that would be 5 entries.

I understand the 2 Alerion 28s entered in the CYC MidWins have requested the Shorthanded Division. With NANCY that makes at least 3. We probably need 2 more to reach 5 for a Division. Think about coming out. Pat B.

The CYC WILL HAVE a Shorthanded Division. Right now it has 3 boats, so could use more. If you're interested, visit the Corinthian Yacht Club website. Thanks, Pat B.

That's quite a fleet: https://race.cyc.org/2020MidWins/sheet

I see a couple other likely shorthanders on this list, so you may have more than three.

Between the Berkeley Midwinters, other sailing commitments and boat projects, I won't be able to join you this year. But I'm happy to see another option for shorthanded racing on the Bay. Thanks to Michael Chammout for being the mover-and-shaker for this!

I've been suggesting a Shorthanded Division for the CYC MidWins for years. They didn't see it fitting in. And when they decided this year it was late. Yes, I see some potential shorthanded boats among the boats signed on, but, alas, there.are just 2 RYC Alerion 28s and a Wyliecat in the Shorthanded Division. I hope the CYC gets plans going sooner next year. But a 3-boat division might not give them much reason to do that. I'll keep up the effort.
    In the meantime, the Sausalito YC might be interested in a Shorthanded Division for next year's Chili Midwinters, too. I"ll try to keep SSS members up-to-date. Pat B.