Thread: Dry storage for sailboats?

Default Dry storage for sailboats?

Greetings.

I met a number of boats in the north that, as they trend south in the coming months/years, are looking for a place to store their boats *on the hard* for the winter. And so I often now get that question regarding the bay area. I explain that winter freeze-ups are rare here and so winter layups simply aren't done. Still, for owners with metal boats (like mine) or people who return home to Europe when not cruising, leaving the boat on the hard feels safer.

I don't think this is really an option for us around here, but as I get the question frequently and don't know the answer definitively, I thought I'd ask...do you all know of a place in the bay area where a boat can be put on the hard at a reasonable long term rate?

Many thanks in advance,

Randall Reeves
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-17-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Though I haven't been there recently, Napa Valley Marina is good bet. Dry Storage for Monohulls 20' to 35': $150.00 per mo. 36' to 44': $4.25 per ft. per mo. 45 & Up:$5.00 per ft. per mo. Multihulls: $8.50 per ft. per mo.

Complete facilities and security

https://www.napavalleymarina.com/

Napa would also be the first thing out of my mouth, but Bethel Island has a number of yards that might be able to provide long term storage as well.
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.