Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat plans

Lee
    Looks like a boat I could build
    Do you still have the plans?
    Albert in Portland OR
    albertdruff@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    They're here!.... oh this looks like fun!

THANKS, Lee!
    Bring on the Raid boats!

I used to have a mirror, many years ago. Man, I loved that boat. An El Toro is just a little too small for me and the Mirror was perfect. This is, essentially a gigantic Mirror. If it wasn't a pram, it'd be a 15 footer, maybe 15' 6". This will be fun...AFTER SHTP 2021!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

If a Toro's too small, how about a Melody? A 10-foot version of the Toro idea - complete with bench seats to sit on. My first boat in 1971 - long gone, although I have the mast, boom, centerboard, rudder, very old sail, and a set of plans. (Why I don't know!) I named mine "Unchained." It was the "move up" boat in the 1960s for those wanting a little more room or to take a 2nd person or kids along. Here are 2 photos from Huntingon Lake. I'd be happy to pass the relics and the plans (if I can locate them) along to someone wanting to build an "una" sail dinghy. A few sheets of plywood and some trim. Shipping would be prohibitive, so someone in the Bay Area. -- Pat B.

Name:  Melody 2.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  23.2 KBName:  melody_10_photo.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  85.5 KB

A Mirror is ten feet long, so this is basically the same idea. It would be relatively easy to add a foot of length to the four fore-and-aft panels and stretch it to 11 feet, keeping the beam and the bow and transom the same, and then you’d have a wonderful dinghy-cruiser. I bet this can be built with a full bulkhead just forward of the midpoint to make a nesting dinghy, too.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"