Thread: Corinthian Yacht Club and the 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race

Default Corinthian Yacht Club and the 2020 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race

Yesterday Dura Mater and I sailed over to the Corinthian Yacht Club (CYC) to discuss the 2020 SHTP with those generous people. We are, once again, invited to start the race in Raccoon Strait, and our race committee is invited to use the CYC's race deck. We'll use this thread to post information about the pre Race activities that will occur there.

Thank you to Michael Chammout s/v Mulan for facilitating the meeting yesterday. He and I met with John Nicolai, the club manager and Zoe Wong, Director of Catering and Events. Sounds swell, huh? And it was. Everything at Corinthian YC is swell.

Jim Erskine s/v Kira, a longtime SSSer, meandered over to the meeting, and he greased some wheels for us as we talked.

More on this later.

After our meeting Michael and I jumped on our boats and went out sailing.

Name:  Mulan 021320.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  277.7 KB

yes, it was cold, but it was a glorious day on the cityfront

Name:  Winter cityfront.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  254.2 KB

Will we have the send-off banquet there as well? I'd like fish 'n chips.

Name:  Fish n Chips.jpeg
Views: 1113
Size:  68.6 KB

The send-off luncheon will be held at the Corinthian, the cost will be approximately 30% more expensive than in 2018, and there will be no fish N chips. Sorry, Bob. No Burger King, either. Contestants are invited to sail over Thursday morning June 25, and depending upon how many boats are registered, rafting up may be necessary. More about this later.

Definition of later
    : at some time subsequent to a given time : SUBSEQUENTLY, AFTERWARD (Merriam Webster dictionary)

After our meeting at CYC, went off sailing... came upon this beautifully trimmed vessel splendidly owning the bay! But wait... is that our beloved Jackie and her trusty Dura Mater???
    Indeed it is
    Attached Images Attached Images